ICCTE Conference Registration is now open! Click HERE to register and pay.
2020 Conference Information
- Check-in begins at 3:00 PM on Monday, May 18. The first event begins at 5:00 PM.
- The conference will conclude at 12:00 PM on Thursday, May 21.
- Presentation/Paper sessions will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Conference cost is $415 and includes:
- admission to all conference sessions
- three nights in campus housing
- dinner and dessert reception on Monday
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Tuesday plus the evening outing
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Wednesday
- breakfast on Thursday
- A reduced rate of $315 is available for those who wish to secure lodging off-campus. There are several local hotels in the Mount Vernon area.
- Those traveling by air to Ohio may choose to fly in to John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH), Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE), or other regional airports in Akron and Dayton.
Optional Preconference: Joy and Productivity in Academic Writing
- Facilitated by Ken Badley and Sunshine Sullivan
- Please see the flyer located HERE for more details.
- The preconference will run from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM on Monday, May 18.
- Cost is $100 per participant.
- The preconference will be capped at 30 registrations and must have at least 10 registrations to be offered.
ICCTE 2020 Conference Call for Papers
Mount Vernon Nazarene University (https://www.mvnu.edu ) is excited to host the ICCTE Conference on May 18-21, 2020! MVNU is a Christian liberal arts university near the heart of Ohio. Our campus has a rural setting, encompassing 327 acres on the edge of a town that has been voted as “Ohio’s Best Hometown”. The new conference chairs, Amy Dubusky and Jessica Grubaugh of Mt. Vernon are eager to share the charm of their campus, our community, and nearby Amish country as they gather to network in Christian scholarship and fellowship! Mark your calendars now for 2020!
ICCTE 2020 Conference call for papers – See the requirements HERE
ICCTE 2020 Conference Paper Submission Form – Please submit your papers HERE
For questions about the conference, including registration and paper submissions, please contact ICCTE@mvnu.edu.
Harro Van Brummelen Memorial Scholarship for Emerging Scholars
The Harro Van Brummelen Memorial scholarship was established to honour the memory of Dr. Harro Van Brummelen, known for both his scholarship and his foundational support of the ICCTE. Its purpose is to encourage emerging scholars amongst the ICCTE community in their research and publication efforts. This scholarship provides opportunity for both a conference presentation and a publication and it provides financial support to emerging scholars and encourages them to commence a long-term relationship with ICCTE.
Selection criteria and application materials can be found at this HERE. Applications will be reviewed by the ICCTE board members and the recipient will be notified of the award no later than December 15, 2019.
2018 ICCTE conference at Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas
Those of us attending the 14th biennial conference at Abilene thoroughly enjoyed our time of learning and fellowship. Dr. Dana Pemberton and her team provided a wonderful venue for our meetings and networking. We engaged in meaningful conversations about our shared mission of educator preparation through the theme: Highways and Hedges: Teaching as Christian Hospitality.
The following officers for the next biennium were affirmed at the conference:
- Janet Arndt, President – Gordon College
- Bill Boerman-Cornell, President-Elect – Trinity College, Ill
- Catherine Wasson, Secretary – Belhaven University
- Linda Samek, Treasurer – George Fox University
- Ken Pudlas, past President – Trinity Western University
- Dana Pemberton, Past Conference Chair – Abilene Christian University
- Susanna Thornhill, ICCTE journal representative – George Fox University
The following serve as Members at Large:
- Christina Belcher – Redeemer University
- Nancy Cherry – Union University
- Stephen Metcalfe – Mt.Vernon Nazarene University
- Sunshine Sullivan – Houghton College
- Jeffrey Peck – Grace College
- Beverly Norsworthy, International Representative – Bethlehem Tertiary Institute, New Zealand